Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home1/casare7/public_html/actto.co.uk/site/wp-content/themes/diarise/functions/admin-hooks.php on line 160

SIA id requirements

Accredited By

In order to under take the exams on your SIA security training courses you will need to provide documentation to confirm your identity and your address. Regardless of your training provider this will always be the case. It is also worth noting that you will also require these proofs of identity when applying for your actual SIA (Security Industry Authority) licence

In some rare cases we have had to ask learners to leave the security course because they did not have any identification documents to avoid this issue you can use the list below to ensure you have the correct documentation.

Below the requirements for your security training course and therefore for your SIA licence application are listed as a guide. Please beware that the SIA may change the criteria or eligible documents at anytime at the time of writing we believe that this information is correct.

The SIA requirements are: -

One item from Group A and 2 from group B.


Two documents from Group A  (including one that has your date of birth)

Where applicable, supporting documents for SIA licence must be dated within 3 months from date of receipt by the SIA. If presenting documents for SIA training course registration the issue date must be within 3 months of your exam.

Group A documents:

Signed valid passport of any nationality

Signed valid UK photo driving licence (both parts of the full or provisional licence are required)

UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth

UK adoption certificate

Group B documents:

Valid EU photo ID card.

Valid UK firearms licence with photo – (this use to be a group A document)

Signed valid UK paper driving licence.

Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate including translation with the official stamp of the translating organisation (if not in English).

UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth.

Non-UK birth certificate, again with translation and official stamp where necessary.

P45 statement issued within the last 12 months.

P60 statement issued within the last 12 months.

Bank / building society statement issued no more than three months ago. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.

Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.

Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable, mobile phone contract) issued in the last three months. You can only send one utility bill in your application.

TV licence in your name and current address issued in last 12 months.

Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months.

Certificate of British nationality.

British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months.

Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, issued within the last three months. You can use more than one letter as long as a different Government department issues each letter.

Local authority letter issued within the last three months

A credit card statement again within the last three months. You can use more than one statement as long as each statement is issued by a different card issuer.

Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.

Court summons issued in last 12 months.

Child benefit book issued in last 12 months.

A payslip, with your address and the employer’s name or logo, that is less than three months old.


Any other identity cards that were previously issued by the UK Home Office e.g. residence permit or UK identity card will not be accepted as group identification.

Finally please note that we can only accept original documents and this is the same requirement when applying for your SIA licence.

If you have any queries about your acceptable documentation or if you have a specific questions then please do to contact us on 020 8677 8899 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              020 8677 8899      end_of_the_skype_highlighting to get your questions answered swiftly.

Tags: CCTV training, door supervisor training, how to get SIA licence, security guard training, security training in london, SIA APPLICATION, sia badge